Chunky smoothies are no bueno; neither are unmixed margaritas, lumpy milkshakes—you get the idea. The bottom line is that when you’re looking for a blender, you want it to actually blend. That’s why we’ve found the best of the best blenders—based on performance, style, price, and more—so you can trust your appliance will get the job done and look great in your kitchen every time you use it.
|Top Blenders||Container Material||Motor power in watts||Amazon Rating||Price||Buy|
|Ninja Professional Blender||BPA-free plastic||1000||4.5||$$$||See on Amazon|
|Vitamix Professional Series Blender||BPA-free plastic||1500||4.7||$$$$$||See on Amazon|
|Margaritaville Blender||Glass||550||4.4||$$$$||See on Amazon|
|SMEG Blender||BPA-free plastic||600||Too few reviews||$$$$||See on Amazon|
|Oster Blender||Glass||900||4.1||$$||See on Amazon|
|Cuisinart Portable Blender||BPA-free plastic||350||3.9||$$||See on Amazon|
|Cuisinart Immersion Blender||N/A||200||4.0||$||See on Amazon|
Amazon ratings as of 3/7/2017
See below for the pros/cons of each blender.
Best Blender for Most People (Price and Performance)
Ninja Professional Blender
The Ninja Professional Blender 1000 (BL610) burst onto the scene as a cheaper alternative to Vitamix, but with extremely similar great quality. We love the Ninja blender (from Shark) because it’s efficient, has user-friendly safety features, and has become a household name and favorite amongst customers. Plus, it’s actually bigger than Vitamix’s CIA Professional blender.
- Affordable. Bring this baby home for less than $200—compared to Vitamix’s $400+ price tag.
- Strong Motor. This Ninja blender is really comparable to Vitamix’s line with its 1,000 watt motor that can easily pulverize fruits, veggies, frozen produce, and ice.
- Highly Rated. People on Amazon love this blender so much, they’ve given it 4.5 out of 5 stars. Plus, it’s a Best-Seller. With all the competition on Amazon and all the blenders out there, this is a great sign that the Ninja is an extraordinary blender.
- Extra Large. This blender jar is huge—holding up to 72 ounces of liquid. That makes this blender ideal for those with big families and lots of mouths to feed.
- BPA-Free. Grind, blend, and purée foods without worry of harmful BPA. These blenders don’t come with any dangerous materials—besides the razor-sharp blades, of course.
- Safety Feature. This Ninja blender lid needs to be securely fastened in order to operate the machine. This ensures no fingers or unwanted items fall into the blender while its razor-sharp blades do their business.
- Recipes. Get delicious, healthy recipes with the purchase of your Ninja blender. This comes in handy if you’re new to cooking or would like to freshen up your culinary repertoire.
- No Style. These blenders are super utilitarian, but lack an aesthetically pleasing style that others like SMEG address. They also don’t come in much color variety.
Best Blender for Performance (Regardless of Cost)
Vitamix Professional Series Blender
Vitamix is the Porsche of blenders. Professionals chefs use them and so do plenty of protein shake-loving novices. If you want a blender that will annihilate everything you put inside it (meaning veggies, fruits, nuts, and ice, of course), then Vitamix is the one for you. While there are dozens of Vitamix models out there—ranging from top-of-the-line to refurbished—we love this Vitamix 1709 CIA Professional Series blender because it’s moderately priced, comes with a few different finishes, and lasts a lifetime.
- Highly Rated. Customers on Amazon love Vitamix machines and rated this particular model with 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Best on Market. There’s really no contest when it comes to Vitamix blenders. These have a 2-peak horsepower motor, meaning it spins the blades up to 240 mph. Vitamix really puts other blenders to shame in this department.
- Color Options. Choose between platinum, black, red, or brushed steel.
- BPA-Free. Trust that the 64-ounce tritan will keep your food clean while remaining easy to clean.
- Refurbished Option. Save money and still bring home a stellar blender by buying refurbished. All certified refurbished blenders are inspected, tweaked, and polished up by Vitamix and come with a warranty, so it’s a purchase you can make worry-free.
- Tamper. Use the tamper (included with the blender) to push food down to be perfectly pulverized.
- Spill-Proof/Vented Lid. If you’re puréeing hot soup, you don’t want it to splash on you. That’s why the spill-proof lid with removable vent is so handy—to prevent you from being scalded.
- Long Warranty. Enjoy a seven-year warranty and great customer service from Vitamix.
- Cookbooks. You’ll get two cookbooks with this CIA Professional blender from Vitamix, including smoothie, soup, and salsa recipes.
- Dry Blades. You can easily switch out wet and dry blades (this one comes with wet blades) to go from blending smoothies to chopping chia seeds and other dry ingredients.
- Dishwasher Safe. After you’re done blending, pop the whole top, lid, and tamper in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
- Expensive. Expect to pay over $400 for this premier blender—and upwards of $700 for the top-of-the-line models.
Best Blenders for Style
If you hate the look of utilitarian kitchen pieces, but don’t want a piece of junk, then this is for you! Those who want a retro vibe and a design piece as well as a top-of-the-line blender will love the SMEG (BLF01CRUS) 1950’s style blender. Although it doesn’t have a motor like Ninja or Vitamix, it makes up for it with style. Plus, unlike other brands, SMEG makes ovens, stoves, refrigerators, toasters, stand mixers, and more, so you can equip your kitchen with appliances and gadgets that match! Hint: these make adorable bridal shower and wedding presents.
- High Design. SMEG specializes in reproducing retro style appliances with quality and flare.
- Color Choices. Choose between black, cream, blue, red, or silver to match your kitchen.
- Reasonable Price. Compared to Vitamix and other brands, the SMEG blender is half the price! Considering it’s way cuter, we’d say this is a steal!
- Preset Options. Choose between three settings and four speeds: smoothie, ice, and pulse. This helps you get the right blend every time.
- Overload Protection. The SMEG blender comes with motor overload protection, so it won’t burn out if it’s having a hard time blending something. You’ll know if you’re pushing your blender too hard because it will shut off.
- Warranty. You’ll get a one-year warranty with your SMEG blender, so in case anything goes wrong, you’ll be covered.
- Medium Size. This blender holds 48 ounces of liquid—smaller than Vitamix and Ninja, but a perfect size for a couple or someone living alone.
- Average Motor Speed. For a vanity appliance, we’re pleased to see the SMEG blender has 600 watts of power to crush fruits, veggies, and ice. If you’re looking for more power, maybe consider the Ninja or Vitamix models we’ve spotlighted above.
- Plastic. Some customers have noted they wish this blender’s base was made of real metal enamel—but we think it’s a small nit to pick.
Honorable Mention: Cuisinart Portable Blender
Cuisinart CPB-300PK SmartPower 15-Piece Compact Portable is idea for kids starting college, those with small kitchens, and people who are always on the road for business, but want to maintain a healthy lifestyle. While the motor and size are much daintier than other models, you get a good amount of power for a personal-sized blender.
- Perfect for Small Spaces. Bring this blender home if you’re giving a gift to a college student, a friend with a tiny apartment, or for someone to bring on vacation.
- Accessories Included. Cuisinart’s portable blender comes with BPA-free accessories, including on 32-ounce blender cup and eight-ounce chopper, as well as a set of four 16-ounce portable thermoses. If you love making smoothies in the morning before school, work, or the gym, then these thermoses will come in handy as you go-to to-go cups!
- Easy to Clean. The stainless steel front panel makes this blender a snap to clean. Just wipe it down with a wet sponge and set it back on the counter or in the cabinet.
- High Design. This adorable blender comes in a variety of colors to make a statement in any kitchen, dorm room, or bar cart.
- Decent Capacity. This blender can accommodate 32 ounces of liquid—plenty for a morning smoothie.
- Color Choices. Choose between baby pink, white, and black to match your mood, style, and kitchen aesthetic.
- BPA-Free. Considering this is a portable blender, we were pleased to see Cuisinart has taken care to keep BPA—a harmful chemical—out of all of its construction materials.
- Less Power. The 350-watt motor pales in comparison to Ninja’s 1,000 watts. However, this portable blender wasn’t made for power, but convenience and style.
Best Blender for your Bar
Waste away in your very own Margaritaville when you bring home this artisan blender. It’s equipped for lots of frozen cocktail making with its ice tray and motor made for turning basic drinks into frozen masterpieces. People love this Margaritaville Fiji Premium Frozen Concoction Maker as an permanent piece of their wet bars and vacation homes. And we don’t blame them because this machine has settings to take over bartending duties and make the best cocktail every time.
- Reasonable Price. Buy one of these Margaritaville blenders used for under $200, and new for under $300. This is a fraction of what other blenders cost these days!
- Highly Rated. Amazon customers love this Margaritaville blender and have rated it with 4.5 out of 5 stars. As we know, online trolls don’t hold back, so having such rave reviews bodes really well for this Margaritaville mixer.
- Ice Tray. Fill the top of this blender with fresh ice (much like you would a coffee maker with fresh whole beans) and then let it crush a perfect amount to make delicious, thirst-quenching drinks.
- Powerful. This blender has 550 watts to turn ice into perfectly crushed bits.
- Four Programmed Settings. Choose between four drink settings, so you can spend more time with friends and less time mixing cocktails for the whole party.
- Drip-Free Spout. Margaritas and frozen cocktails get sticky, so we love that this blender jar has a drip-proof spout.
- Large Ice Capacity. Fill the ice tray all the way and it will make two pitchers of drinks. That way, your guests will stay satiated and you won’t be running back and forth between the freezer and blender too often.
- Niche. This is best kept permanently on a bar due to the design and function.
Best Blender for Low Budgets
Tight budgets are something to respect, but we’ve got your back and have found a fantastic blender that won’t break the bank, but will break up bits of fruit and veggies. Don’t lose out on quality just because your budget isn’t huge. This Oster Pro 1200 Blender comes with a ton of power for an affordable price. Plus, it doubles as a food processor, so it’s really two-in one. You’ll be pleasantly surprised to learn that this blender is cheaper than Ninja and comes with more chopping power.
- Affordable. Buy Oster’s dual blender and food processor for under $100.
- Double Duty. This Oster blender functions as a food processor that chops, slices, and dices as well as a basic blender.
- Blending Options. Choose between three pulse settings and three additional settings for milkshakes, salsas and chunky dips, and frozen smoothies, so you get the right mix every time. There’s also an on and off switch for you to do it yourself.
- Highly Rated. This Oster blender is the number one Best-Seller on Amazon and has 4 out of 5 stars based on customer reviews.
- Powerful. Enjoy this blender’s 1,200 watts for crushing fruits and veggies and 900 watts for annihilating ice. That’s even more powerful than the Ninja for a more affordable price!
- Dishwasher Safe. Toss the six cup blender compartment in the dishwasher when you’re done.
- Tough. Oster’s Boroclass glass can go from hot to cold without shattering.
- Warranty. You’ll get a 10-year warranty with this blender—longer than any other on this list!
- BPA-Free. Don’t worry about harmful chemicals leeching into your food, this Oster blender doesn’t have any.
- Accessories. Get a 24-ounce, BPA-free tumbler to-go cup with this Oster blender as a bonus.
- No Color Choices. We like the look of Oster’s blender, but it only comes in silver.
Best Blender for Cooking
Cuisinart Immersion Blender
Do you find the task of transferring hot soups to a blender to purée to be a total pain in the you-know-what? We do too. That’s why we adore the Cuisinart Immersion Blender. Not only does it come with a selection of funky colors and a cute design, but its two-speed motor makes it easy to create soups as smooth as satin. Plus, it’s made out of stainless steel which makes for easy cleaning.
- Affordable. Buy this Cuisinart Immersion Blender for under $40.
- Handheld. This makes it perfect for soups, gazpacho, and more that you make in a pot—and don’t want to take the time to transfer back and forth into a blender.
- Color Choices. Choose between cute and quaint key lime pie and pink or more utilitarian colors like white, silver, pearl, and black.
- Two-Speeds. Use a high or low setting to perfectly blend soups and more—from chunky to perfectly smooth—or emulsify homemade salad dressing.
- Highly Rated. Customers on Amazon love this blender and rated it with 4 out of 5 stars.
- Powerful for Handheld Device. This handheld blender can easily chop through softened (cooked) veggies, fruits, and more with its 200 watt motor.
- One-handed. Easily use this immersion blender one-handed, so you can use your other to stir whatever else is cooking on the stove.
- Warranty. Cuisinart has great customer service and cares about keeping people happy when products do something they aren’t supposed to do. This immersion blender has a three-year warranty to protect you in case something malfunctions. Although, Cuisinart products are high quality, so we doubt this will happen.
- Matching Accessories. Cuisinart makes a number of kitchen appliances, gadgets, tools, and more—making it easy for you to outfit your kitchen with matching devices.
- Dishwasher Safe. Put the blending shaft directly into the dishwasher after using, so you keep your hands away from sharp blades and hot spots.
- Extras. Enjoy the two-cup mixing bowl and measuring cup for mixing up dressings, whipping eggs, and more. This is dishwasher safe too!
- Not meant for smoothies. We wouldn’t use this immersion blender smoothies as it won’t be able to chop up raw fruits and veggies.
Happy blender shopping! We hope you enjoy all of the concoctions you mix up in the kitchen and use this guide to find the best blender for you.
Chris has a knack for finding gifts that are unique, useful, and memorable. He enjoys sharing his ideas and finding new presents for his loved ones in the process.